Unique Technique® since 1982 —
Our “Learn To Play in 8 Weeks” Adult Group Program!
The Unique Technique CD Rom, CD Audio, piano/keyboard-learning program has two strong and effective elements:
First, our teaching method is designed with fresh, new, high-energy, original material, supporting contemporary and traditional keyboard technique/development for beginners and intermediate players. Click on our Level 1 curriculum course outline to see how advanced and knowledgeable you will become after only 8 weeks!
Second, our state-of-the-art/computer-based digital piano studio teaches students, not only advanced playing techniques, but also introduces them to the new technology available in today’s market. Our priority is instruction for the development of proper piano skills/technique, balanced with a well-rounded theoretical understanding of musical application that makes each student’s learning experience exciting and productive.
We provide quality professional piano/vocal instruction featuring private teaching studios with “State-Of-The-Art” Facilities!
Our Private Instruction and Practice Rooms
In each of our teaching studios, we feature two pianos–one each for the student the teacher! This enables substantial developmental benefits:
1) The student has the opportunity of playing a state-of-the-art 88-note weighted digital piano, as well as, a quality acoustic piano. The digital piano has beautiful orchestral voices to provide an exciting fun-loving experience!
2) The student visually captures a “mirrored image” on the adjacent “teacher’s piano” of correct right-hand fingering positions, as well as, left-hand chord/arpeggio technique without having to get up-and-down. This leads to greater memory retention while speeding the learning process!
3) By having the additional piano to teach with the teacher can correct and enhance each piece the student is working on immediately and simultaneously!
4) The teacher can play “duet accompaniment” to enhance tempo/rhythm development while inspiring and creating the appropriate dynamics of the song! One of the most important elements to the listener in a performance is the dynamics of the player’s performance in terms of loudness and softness. In music, this is called 1) crescendo vs. decrescendo, and 2) forte vs. pianissimo. In layman’s terms this is the expression and passion that the player conveys to his/her audience.
5) At Pianos n’ Pianos our private students have the opportunity to practice and develop their skill on a grand piano! This gives them a greater confidence when they actually play on a grand piano during recitals!
Get Acquainted with Today’s Music Technology at Pianos n’ Pianos
This piano teaching studio is the only one of its kind in the entire state of Colorado! Not only it is used for private piano instruction, but also for young piano students to become familiar with today’s exciting music technology now being used in our colleges, music schools and conservatories!
OUR PIANO STUDENTS CAN BE “AHEAD” OF THE LEARNING CURVE INSTEAD OF “BEHIND” IT!
Learn how to record a two-hand performance to enhance sight reading skills and creative technique! The performance can be professionally critiqued, saved as an “audio file” and emailed directly to the student for more effective at-home practicing!
The Freehand Music Notebook Computer on the acoustic piano is loaded with over 1,000 songs of all genres and skill levels! The teacher can modify and/or rearrange the piece to custom-fit the student’s music ability (on the Freehand Computer) and immediately print it for the student!
Students learn to notate music directly from the piano to the computer using Finale, a music notation software program used nationally at colleges across the country! This not only teaches music theory, but accelerates sight-reading skills!
SO MUCH MORE CAN BE SAID CONCERNING OUR MUSIC TECHNOLOGY STUDIO! WHAT AN AMAZING LEARNING OPPORTUNITY AT PIANOS n’ PIANOS!
Each month we spotlight one of our teachers. See this month’s spotlight here.